Thursday, 11 June 2015
SafeMax bags - one more way we're putting your safety first
Our new SafeMax single-use bags represent
Along with saving time on checking bag quality, some standard lines will be available on-demand, improving service turnaround at peak times.
Used bags can be brought in to your local store for recycling of the material.
Fair pricing for all
Our new, price of $18* per bag covers the cost of the single-use bag, filling and handling.
*Excluding both GST, and direct debit discount.
Putting safety first
"This is about improving staff and customer safety. Each SafeMax single-use bag will be fit for purpose every time,” said Kevin Gettins, General Manager, Operations.
“The practice of leaning, or crawling under multi-use bags to untie the cord, exposes that person to a severe hazard. There have been several near-misses in New Zealand, and there have been several serious injuries in Australia where product, or the bag, has slipped from the forklift at the wrong time.”
• Ensure that you are wearing the correct protective equipment.
• Puncture and twist the Raimo Opener to the SafeMax bag.
• Lock it into place.
• Attach the pouring chute.
• Open and close as required.
• For pouring an entire bag at once, it is as simple at cut and pour.
• Remember not to lean under the bag as this can be a severe hazard.
The Raimo opener and sickle knives are available to purchase from Ravensdown service centres.